Positive participation at Leaderex 2022
Leaderex 2022, held at the Sandton Convention Centre on 13-15 September, was a great success, where the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI) had a significant presence. Visitors had a positive response to the FPI’s presentation on Financial topics on the 15th of September – the last day of the event which culminated in great interaction between the FPI and the conference attendees.
The FPI’s stand, where attendees received useful information and guidance around financial planning and related topics from our dedicated team of financial planning professionals, was a hive of activity. This was an opportune platform and occasion for the FPI to spread the positive message of proper financial planning for a secure future. Our presence at Leaderex turned out to be of great benefit to visitors wishing to be informed and equipped with relevant information to secure their financial future.
Our Member Networking session, on the same day was also a hit. The CEO of the FPI, Lelané Bezuidenhout CFP®, and her team engaged members and had a catch up around relevant industry, and general, issues.
This year’s speaker line up was notable for how great and dynamic the speakers were. The speaker line up and topics comprised:
- The importance of an optimally structured investment portfolio – Jean le Roux, CFP®: from Hewett Wealth
- Getting the balance right. How much of your retirement money should be invested offshore – Warren Ingram, CFP®: author of two best-selling personal finance books, How To Make Your First Million and Become Your Own Financial Advisor
- The 4 biggest mistakes business owners make when it comes to retirement and estate planning – Renate Jute, CFP®: founder of the Noble Prosperity Group and a 2021 National Small Business Chamber Woman in Business Champion and a 2021 NSBC Top 20 winner
- Retirement saving black hole: Why leave it till you are 65 to discover you are not saving enough/in the wrong fund/losing a large share of your savings to fees? – Ishani Khoosal-Kala: Asset Management, Retirement Planning, Financial Risk and Investments expert & Rianet Whitehead: FAnews Co-Owner and Editor and creator of The Insurance Apprentice
- Creating wealth through international structures – Francois Stofberg, academic and economist
- Important tax considerations before, at, and after retirement – Francois Du Toit, CFP®: expert in financial and tax planning and host of PROpulsion LIVE
- Would people be more inclined to plan for retirement if it was simpler? Grant Locke: Head of OUTvest
- How to ensure a sustainable retirement plan while time is still on your side – Amanda John, FSA™: Business Transformation Coach, FPI D&I Award Winner and author
- The 5 Top Reasons South Africans do not have a Will, and what to do about it – Samke Mhlongo: Wealth Coach and author of Ringfence (financial chick-lit)
- Global trends in financial planning – Siba Njoba,FSA™: Director, Co-founder of Imvelo Wealth and writer/columnist
Don’t miss Leaderex 2023 which will see the FPI once again play a significant role – especially with the positive feedback we received from visitors and members pertaining to our participation and the useful financial advice shared by our professionals. The overwhelming feeling among visitors was that they were already looking forward to next year’s event.
Dates will be announced in due course.
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com Tel: +27 011 470 6000
Leaderex website: https://www.leader.co.za/